Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Racism is alive and well.

Ignorance is anyway and they go hand in hand. I do worry about equiping my children (all of them) to cope with the racism (and sexism) that comes their way. If the story out of suburban Philly didn't make you cringe this clip ought to.

I wonder how many families will feel this way when their son or daughter introduces one of my kiddos to them as their "special someone?" Hopefully none. But I'm not holding my breath, since so many folks watch this station with great respect (letting this guy talk should kill any respect you have left for the powers that run it- who lets someone like this expell such verbal vomit on their station?). This kind of racism is alive and well. It's one thing to talk the anti-racist thing, another all together to live it.

No comments: