Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pie Adoption Timeline


3 years ago this month we accepted a referral for our darling Pie. This is the first picture we ever saw of her. Doesn't she just look like a little imp? BD took the sinceI was teaching. He promised me he would wait to open the picture until we could do it together, but he just couldn't wait. He rushed over to my school, where I happened to be at lunch- thank goodness to share the news! I didn't start to cry until I looked at her birthdate. It's the same day as my wonderful, amazing little brother! Today I'm thinking fondly of those days.
Here was our timeline...

9/04 - Decided to adopt from China
11/04 Visited agency and took a tour with director
1/05 - Filled out the application
1/05 - Application was approved, started paperwork
5/05 - First homestudy visit, turned in I600A (Asking for federal permission to classify an orphan as an immediate relative) and were fingerprinted
5/05 - Second homestudy visit
7/05 - Homestudy completed
7/05 - 171H (Federal Permission to Adopt a non-citizen orphan) approved
8/05 - Turned in dossier to agency for review and translation
8/30/05 - Dossier was sent to China (DTC)
9/09/05 – China confirms receipt of dossier
9/29/05 - Received Log in Date (LID)
10/05 - Waited
11/05 - Waited (The wait increased)
12/05 – Waited
1/06 - Waited
2/06 - Waited (The wait increased more)
3/06 - Waited
4/06 - Waited
5/06 - Waited
6/06 - Waited
7/06 - Waited
8/06- Waited
9/06- Waited (The wait increased to an estimated 15 months)
10/06 - Fingerprints expired
11/06 - Applied for new I-171H- new fingerprints required
12/06 Waited
1/07 Waited
2/2/07 REFERRAL!
2/3/07 Accepted referral
3/20/07 Travel!
3/26/07 Metcha day!
3/27/07 Adoption Day!
Home Forever, Easter 2007

No comments: