I decided that since I am too old for myspace (I hear they have some sort of alarm not unlike the batman "bat in the sky" (or whatever) that goes off when anyone over the age of 30 attempts to "myspace" or whatever)-- see having kids does make you stupid- let this be a lesson... anyway here I am moved from babysites since we no longer have a baby and a toddler costs more and this is free... enough stream of consciousness, right... (who puts parentheses inside parentheses??)
Anyhow, we're here. We're also-- thanks to cool Uncle Owen-- web camming (I'm sure there is a name???). The girls really like it. In fact, Lala-who famously does not talk on the phone- talked to Owen for a half hour today. Pie waved until I think she grasped that it was "the bad man" from this summer- Uncle Owen- whom she has not quite warmed up to. ( Sorry, dude- kids are uncontrollable and unpredictable- don't take it personally- it just is.)Lala finally lost a third tooth last night. At 7.5 you really ought to have lost about 6-8 teeth according to the dentist, who admitted that we might just begin to worry a smidge... Her remaining teeth are worn down to nubs and look distinctly crocodillian (But she is still beautiful and sure to break mens' hearts someday-- Daddy's first.)
Pie is the bottomless pit. She eats breakfast, second breakfast, snack, lunch, preschool snack, home snack, predinner-I can't wait snack, dinner and bedtime snack- it's amazing she's not as big as a house. She is the tallest of the babes who were adopted with her and the second heaviest- despite being one of the younger ones. The others are filling out but this girl came pre-filled!
She's just started the toddler trouble-making of climbing on everything and throwing fits when she doesn't get her way or anyone says no to her. It is both exasperating and darling (mostly darling...). She has the normal (and inexplicable) fascination with Elmo from Sesame Street and continues to carry her monkeys around everywhere. She showed me today how to pick the monkey's nose, clearly saying "booger" as she mined its nostril... (It's soooooo great having a 7 year old and a toddler... They learn so much from the older sib... like... manners.)
Potato phone? Anyone call me on the potato phone today?

No comments:
Post a Comment