
Today I find myself after a crazy cross country journey back in my hometown and helping to plan a memorial service for my mother. She passed away from a very, very long and complicated illness that effectively took her from us a long time ago. So it's a blessing in a sense.
I do regret that I didn't get to share my girls and this amazing journey to parenthood with her. She would have loved every minute on this rollercoaster and cherished each of these unique grandchildren of hers. So I will try to share her with them:
Your grandma always had a "project." Sometimes it was a crafty thing like a quilt, sometimes it was an improvement in the garden- like the "mini" orchard or one year the row of eggplants no one would eat. She shared that love of trying new things with me so I could share it with you.
Your grandma thought education was very, very important. For everyone. Not just the smartest or most able. She taught children with special needs how to be the best the could possibly be. She taught that to me so I could teach it to you.
Your grandma was happy with what the world gave her and made the most of every minute she could. She helped others and laughed and spent time with her family. She knew what was most important and that was YOU- her family.
As we move closer to adding another child to our family. I wanted to note how happy that would have made my mom. She truly believed that every child was a special gift and she was right. She, indirectly, pointed us down this path and I am grateful each time I cook, laugh or play with my girls. So, thanks, Mom... I have a lot to pass on because of you.
I do regret that I didn't get to share my girls and this amazing journey to parenthood with her. She would have loved every minute on this rollercoaster and cherished each of these unique grandchildren of hers. So I will try to share her with them:
Your grandma always had a "project." Sometimes it was a crafty thing like a quilt, sometimes it was an improvement in the garden- like the "mini" orchard or one year the row of eggplants no one would eat. She shared that love of trying new things with me so I could share it with you.
Your grandma thought education was very, very important. For everyone. Not just the smartest or most able. She taught children with special needs how to be the best the could possibly be. She taught that to me so I could teach it to you.
Your grandma was happy with what the world gave her and made the most of every minute she could. She helped others and laughed and spent time with her family. She knew what was most important and that was YOU- her family.
As we move closer to adding another child to our family. I wanted to note how happy that would have made my mom. She truly believed that every child was a special gift and she was right. She, indirectly, pointed us down this path and I am grateful each time I cook, laugh or play with my girls. So, thanks, Mom... I have a lot to pass on because of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment