Friday, March 20, 2009

For our son,


I cannot express the gratitude I have for all foster mothers. What you do makes such a difference to the lives of children and families. You open your hearts and homes with unconditional love, with no expectations of permanency and with the knowledge that your heart will break a little each time the child you have loved and cared for finds a forever family. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, dear Omma! Thank you for loving our PB until we can bring him home forever.

MAY YOU BE SAFE WHILE YOU ARE WAITING

May you be safe and sleep soundly through the night
May you be safe as you wake in morning light
May you feel our love from so far away
May it comfort and protect you throughout the day

We will wait for you, our little one
Until our time of waiting is done
We will ask the universe to keep you safe from harm
Until, you, child of our hearts, become the child in our arms

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Love the picture and the poem... I echo what you shared. We don't have our referral yet, but we know our baby girl is somewhere in Korea.. and we pray for her and her birthmom and her foster mom every day. So many people who are a part of one life... I don't think I'll ever stop thinking of those two women who gave our child life and love.