Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's a process not a 12 step program...


This truly is the hard part of the adoption wait. There is nothing for us to do but WAIT. There is no real nesting needed... since this is child #3... chances are if we need it- we've already got it. I've inventoried the clothing situation and think that what we have we'll probably do... even made sure that there was some Michigan State gear for PB to wear this summer. So I'm reduced to watching the proverbial pot for boiling. So, here are the 12 steps to bringing PB home:



  1. Referral -CHECK

  2. Paperwork Signed, Fees Paid, Submitted to Korea- CHECK

  3. Paperwork returned from Korea (any day now)

  4. I-600 filed with USCIS (as soon as paperwork gets here- our pre-approval and fingerprints happened last week)

  5. USCIS - a letter from Homeland Security; I-600 notification of approval to Classify an Orphan as an Immediate Relative

  6. Approval and Visa request arrives in N.H. for processing at the National Visa Center

  7. Approved Visa form leaves the processing Center for Korea

  8. U.S. Embassy in Korea sends a P3 Visa packet out to Korean agency (Eastern) for completion

  9. Passport is received by Eastern (Generated in Korea)

  10. Visa interview at U.S. Embassy in Korea, (takes place without us- by proxy); when both P-3 Visa & passport have been received back at the U.S. Embassy in Korea

  11. Visa for immigration is issued

  12. Travel Call! Hop on a plane and go!

Gaaaaaaah! Boil already!

No comments: